Yuggler allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including activities, reviews, photos, tips, and more. In order to make the content as accurate and qualitative as possible, we’ve put together these general guidelines. Please read the guidelines below for specific types of content you can contribute to the site.
Guidelines for adding new kids activities
The best activities are short, precise and full of pictures. Be as concise as possible when writing the description of the activity. Add pictures to better describe the activity information you are entering.
When Entering a New Activity:
- Be sure that the activity has not previously been entered by another user. If it has, simply add on with your own experience by writing a review (see “Review Guidelines” below) or adding tips and photos
- Use a catchy name, but don’t include a description, location and/or time in the name.
- Use the Facebook import capability whenever it is possible. Link your activity to a Facebook page in order to pre-fill activity information. (Note that in order to link correctly, the entered name and location must match the information on Facebook).
- Use #hashtags, such as #halloween, #fireworks, #treelighting, #easteregghunting, etc. to best describe the activity at the end of the description. This will enable specific searches for other parents.
- Add activities for children up to 16 years old. No adult only activities, please.
- Select a maximum of 3 activity types for an activity. Be precise as possible and limit your choices to 1 or 2 types in most cases.
- Include the website, email address and phone number in the appropriate fields when possible. Don’t add them in the description.
- Select the photo that best describes the activity to be the primary photo. This photo will be displayed whenever the activity is shown. Add additional photos to also display on the activity screen.
- Every activity is important! From museums, to parks, to shows, to local events, to kid programs at a mom & pop shop, Yuggler is the place for all of them. Don’t hesitate adding the hidden gem in your neighborhood. Share the knowledge with other families!
Guidelines for reviewing an existing kids activity
The best reviews are passionate and personal. They offer a rich narrative, a wealth of detail, and a helpful tip or two for other consumers. Here are some additional thoughts for reviewers.
- Personal experience: We want to hear about your firsthand consumer experience, not what you heard from others. Tell Yuggler about your interaction with the specific event or activity.
- Accuracy: Make sure your review is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, keeping it clean, of course. Don’t exaggerate or misrepresent your experience. We don’t take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your review.
- Review updates: Review updates should reflect a new experience or interaction with the business/activity. Don’t create a new event about the same activity you’ve written about previously, just add new insight to an old experience and edit your review.
- Photos: Make your review stand out and look exciting by adding photos.
Guidelines for uploading new photos
Pictures are worth a thousand words. For describing an activity, pictures are really important. They help families find activities just right for them. So snap away to get those few pictures that perfectly describe the activity you entered.
- Activity photos should be relevant to the activity and reflect the consumer experience (e.g., what the location looks like, what the activity is about, what the activity offers, etc.) Have the activity/event be the primary focus of the photo, not people.
- Photos should be clear and in good quality
- We may remove photos that showcase a more unique personal experience, as well as lower quality photos (e.g., too blurry or dark).
- Use the cropping and resizing feature to best adjust your photo
Guidelines for adding new tips
Make your Yuggler entry the best by adding useful tips.
- Keep it short. Hook the Yuggler user with clear, concise information (a tip is limited to 140 characters)
- Share tips that make a difference in the experience of others
- Bring your entry to life with photos depicting your tip
Guidelines for your user profile
- Don’t be shy — use your account profile to let people know who you are and what makes you tick. Users want to read reviews from people like them. Families with children who tried an event and want to share it with others. Yuggler users want to know your family shares the same goals and wants only the best, most fun activities for their children. So upload a great picture of yourself and tell Yuggler about your adventures and activities with your family.
- For the easiest, quickest Yuggler experience, complete your profile with your home address. Then Yuggler will search for activities near your home. It’s that simple!
- No worries, we got you covered. Yuggler does not sell or share your personal data with anybody.